Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving was this past Thursday, and as cliché as this is, I think the best thing I should do for this entry is talk about what I am thankful for.  Obviously, I am thankful for my family, friends, education, my health, but outside of those things, this semester has taught me that I have way more things to be thankful for.  I am thankful for living in a country where the government has just laws and a fair court system that provides me with certain rights.  I am thankful for the fact that I am not living in a warzone, that I have access to health care, and that I can use the Internet to look at whatever I want.  I am thankful for an education that has taught me life lessons about saving money.  I am thankful for having the experience of traveling to Brazil my first semester in college.  Mostly, though, I am thankful that I live in a country that has afforded me all of these opportunities to have such a bright future.  It really is incredible to think about the endless possibilities we all have living in a country as prosperous as this one.  Even though globalization insists that the U.S. is no longer as prestigious as it once was, I still think it’s the best country in the world to live in.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!!!

    You would make a GREAT Peace Corps person! And KSU offers an MBA for FREE to those who have served in the Peace Corps! (Perhaps other schools do too?)

    Anyway - your future is so bright and I'm proud of you!

    Thanks, and Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete